Friday, June 24, 2011

Leyla Update

I took Leyla to a different vet for a recheck and second opinion on Tuesday. He said he would be hesitant to diagnose it as EYP because she hasn't been confirmed a female (hasn't been DNA'ed, never laid an egg before), but he said it was a possibility. He also said it could be a gut infection of some sort and the swollen area could be gas build up. I'm not sure how I feel about that because internal gas build-up usually doesn't feel spongy. Either way, he said to keep her on the meds and see how she is when they're done.

Leyla's been on her meds for a week now, and I have definitely seen some improvement! She is a lot more active again and doesn't look as sad when she's relaxing.

The swollen area has almost disappeared! There's still a mustard-yellow dime-sized spot there, but at least the area is back to a normal size.

I weighed her this morning and she is down to 55 grams! I'm not too concerned about her current weight being more than her normal weight of 52 grams, because it's not uncommon for her to go up to 55 grams just with normal weight fluctuations.

Her Baytril was supposed to last until next Friday, but I ran out last night. I don't know how that happened because I've only been giving her 0.01mL as per the prescription. I'll call the clinic in a bit and see if I can pick up some more tomorrow.

No comments: